Hand sanitizer dispensers in commercial facilities typically use two primary types of refills: liquid/gel refills and foam refills. Both options are effective in promoting hand hygiene and have their own advantages.
- Liquid/Gel Refills: Liquid or gel hand sanitizer refills are the most commonly used in commercial facilities. These refills contain a liquid or gel-based hand sanitizer solution that effectively kills germs and bacteria on the hands. The sanitizer is dispensed in the form of drops or sprays when the user activates the dispenser.
Advantages of Liquid/Gel Refills:
- Versatility: Liquid/gel refills are compatible with a wide range of dispenser types, including wall-mounted, countertop, and touchless dispensers.
- Wide availability: Liquid and gel hand sanitizers are widely available in the market, making it easy to find compatible refills for various dispenser brands.
- Quick-drying: Many liquid or gel hand sanitizers have quick-drying formulas, allowing users to sanitize their hands and continue with their activities without significant waiting time.
- Cost-effective: Liquid/gel refills are often more cost-effective compared to foam refills, making them a popular choice for commercial facilities with high hand hygiene requirements.
- Foam Refills: Foam hand sanitizer refills have gained popularity in recent years. These refills dispense a foam-based hand sanitizer solution that expands upon dispensing and covers the hands evenly for thorough sanitization.
Advantages of Foam Refills:
- Enhanced coverage: Foam hand sanitizers offer better coverage compared to liquid or gel sanitizers, as the foam expands and adheres to the hands, ensuring more effective distribution of the sanitizer.
- Economical usage: Foam refills tend to require less product per use compared to liquid or gel refills. The foam consistency allows users to achieve the desired coverage with less sanitizer, resulting in cost savings over time.
- Pleasant user experience: Foam hand sanitizers often have a lighter texture and can feel more moisturizing on the hands, providing a pleasant user experience and encouraging regular hand hygiene practices.
- Environmentally friendly: Foam hand sanitizer dispensers typically require less energy and fewer refills due to their efficient foam dispensing mechanism, resulting in reduced waste and a lower carbon footprint.
It's important to note that the specific type of refill used in hand sanitizer dispensers may vary depending on the dispenser brand and model. Facility managers should consult the manufacturer's guidelines and recommendations to ensure the appropriate refill is used for their specific dispenser.